Lady Gaga Faces Backlash Over ‘Cringey’ Post
Lady Gaga is facing a firestorm of backlash after she shared a "cringey" promotional video for a migraine drug company.
She posted the ad for the Pfizer drug Nurtec ODT claiming she had dealth with "migraine pain" since "childhood."
“Ever since childhood, I’ve dealt with migraine pain. When I tried Nurtec ODT (rimegepant) 75 mg for the first time, I’ll never forget wishing I had found it sooner. That’s why I’m proud to partner with Nurtec ODT. We’re in this together. If you’re ready to speak to a doctor, ask about Nurtec ODT today. #MHAM.”
An average box of eight tablets costs $1,087.99 USD ($1,600.48 AUD).
She also revealed her "debilitating" experience with migraines during an interview.
“I would be in bed for days with tremendous pain in my head, behind my eyes, and all throughout my face."
“I couldn’t read or have any lights on, and I needed to be alone in a quiet room for hours that could lead to days until the pain subsided.”
The ad, didn't sit well with many of her over 55 million followers.
“Girl what the hell happened to you that you’re like this and care about money this way and nothing else anymore? Not the person who used to say ‘I f**king hate money’ in 2009.”
Another one accused her of taking advantage of the US healthcare system.
“Healthcare is a human right, not a commodity to exploit for the sake greed and wealth. I know you are compassionate, intelligent and thoughtful."
“I hope you will show that through the ways you use your platform and privilege moving forward. This ain’t it.”
“Your fans are extremely disappointed and ashamed . we miss the old gaga not the money hungry shell of a person you’ve become.”
Khloe Kardashian has also previously provided endorsement for this product, even appearing in several commercials last year.




Comments
Post a Comment