Elle Fanning Deemed "Unf**kable" At 16, Loses Role
Elle Fanning has opened up about a very inappropriate reason as to why she lost out on a role.
She revealed the reasoning behind her learning she missed out on a role in a "father-daughter road trip comedy."
"I didn't hear from my agents because they wouldn't tell me things like this. That filtration system is really important because there's probably a lot more damaging comments that they filtered, but this one got to me. I was 16 years old, and a person said, 'Oh, she didn't get the father-daughter road trip comedy because she's unf--kable.'"
A cry of outrage came after the admission from fellow stars including Jenna Ortega, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Ayo Edebiri, Devery Jacobs and Natasha Lyonne.
"Whoa, at 16?!"
Elle admitted she didn't think the project made it to film.
"Yeah, it's so disgusting. And I can laugh at it now, like, 'What a disgusting pig!'"
"I don't feel like it damaged me, but it definitely made me very aware of myself."
"I was always immensely confident, but of course you're growing up in the public eye, and it's weird. I'll look at paparazzi photos from when I was 12 and think, 'Is that a good thing to see such a mirror of yourself at that age?'"
Now, after being in the spotlight for many years, she's coming into her own as more than "a child actor or a Disney princess."
"The Great, again, it's like a blond royal, but it's so turned on its head because it's raunchy and violent and we're saying the C-word every other word. I am grateful for the show, because I don't feel I'm fighting against the child actor thing anymore."




Comments
Post a Comment