‘DWTS’ Pro Dancer Mark Ballas Expecting 1st Child

Pro dancer Mark Ballas, known for 'Dancing With The Stars' and wife BC Jean have announced they are expecting their first child together. 

On Monday, they shared an Instagram video highlighting the recent moments of their lives, which included the baby news.

“Lately we’ve been making new music, making birthday wishes, went to Disneyland, made more music stuff, turned off our phones and went to the beach. Also we’ve been making a tiny human. Coming soon.”

The two quickly received an outpouring of love from their family at DWTS.

Julianne Hough, returning as a cohost for the upcoming season, wrote, “Yessssssssssssss baby!!!!!! We love this baby so much already! ❤️❤️❤️.”


Lindsay Arnold said, “😭😭So so happy for you two."

Daniella Karagach, who recently gave birth to her first child with husband Pasha Pashkov said, “🥰🥰🥰 Kita can’t wait to meet her soon to be bestie💜💜💜.” 

Pasha said, “Yassss!!!!”

Emma Slater commented, “I’ve been waiting to see this!! THE BEST THING EVER!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ This is such a you announcement btw hahaha love and miss you guys, can’t wait to see all 3 of you soon!!!!! And Hendrix obvs @markballas @bcjean.”

This announcement comes just three months after Ballas confirmed he was retiring from 'Dancing With The Stars.'

“I’ve done 20 seasons now. I started this journey when I was 21, 22 and honestly being able to dance and perform for you fans — you guys are the best fans."

At the time, he shouted out his wife and loved ones while they supported his final dance.


“My mom is here tonight, my dad is here tonight, my wife is here tonight, my wife’s mom and dad are here tonight. I just want to finish this by saying that this will be the last time you see me dance in this capacity. I’m coming to a close tonight. This is going to be my last dance.”

He originally joined the show in 2007, competing for 10 seasons before taking a break. He left after season 25 and returned last year, winning the competition with partner Charli D'Amelio.

After he took home the mirrorball trophy, he hinted that he wasn't sure his future was DWTS.

“I don’t know [if I’m coming back]. You know the older I get, I try to stay very present in the moment, you know, and I think that was like a big part of creating these dances.”

“Every week … I tried to put every aspect of creativity, care, musicality, nuance into each one. I think you can only do that by staying totally in the moment of each time. So, right now I’m in this moment with Charli and … my body couldn’t even fathom a thought of doing this [in] six months, so I’ll let you know down the line.”


Since he left, he has been focused on personal projects including his music career with Jean. They met 2012, and formed a connection while starting their band Alexander Jean.

“We met at a singer-songwriter night at a mutual friend’s house. It was kind of like a fun party night where singers and musicians would get up and perform. He couldn’t see me; he could only hear me. And I think he liked what he heard.”

The two were engaged in 2015, and married a year later. Ballas has since credited his wife as his constant support system.


“I still can’t put into words how you make me feel, life with you is always an adventure & you have completely taken over my heart. I’ve never laughed as hard as I have with you, I’ve never appreciated the world, time, nature & life as much as I have with you. You challenge me, keep me guessing & keep me on my toes every day in the best way possible. You have made me better & I honestly couldn’t imagine riding this monster wave called life without you & you know I’m afraid of the ocean unless I’m scuba diving in it. … Saying I love you just isn’t enough. I promise to show every day for the rest of my life.”

Comments

Popular Posts