DWTS’ Peta Murgatroyd, Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expand Family With Rainbow Baby

Pro dancers Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy have welcomed their second child, deemed a rainbow baby on Sunday June 18th. 

Peta shared the news she was headed to the hospital on Sunday and several hours later, Maxsim shared an image of himself holding their newborn.

“Happy Father’s Day to me!#MadeInPeta.”

The news of their pregnancy broke in January 2023.

“It brings me immense joy to finally announce that @maksimc and I are expecting our Chmerkovskiy #2 ❤️. After 2 years of constant struggle and heartache, 3 miscarriages and a failed embryo transfer … we have a healthy bun in the oven.”


The two, who also share 6 year old son Shai, were "shocked" when they found out they were pregnant right before planning to start their second round of IVF.

“I want to thank ALL OF YOU who’ve been on this fertility journey with me from the beginning. It feels like I’m sharing this news with my extended family. This news has brought extraordinary bliss to our family and we have so much to be grateful for … coming June 2023.”

Peta has previously been open and candid about suffering three miscarriages over two years.

“The first time I let it out of my mouth to a colleague I felt strangely better, like a piece of shame had chipped away. And so here I am … this is all of me, the bare me and I hope that by me sharing my journey with all of you it could help someone else going through the same situation.”

Even throughout the struggles, she shared the losses and IVF helped bring her and her husband closer together.


“It’s traumatizing, and he’s the one that’s closest to me. So, he goes through it as much as I go through it, so to speak. It did bring us closer together. When you go through something like that, it’s just an ultimate bonding session … When you come to those crossroads and those big decisions, making them together and moving forward together as a family unit is so important, and I feel like we did that.”

Peta and Maxsim have been married for five years, having met working on Broadway's 'Burn the Floor' in July 2009. Peta joined 'Dancing With The Stars' in 2011, while Maxsim joined in 2009.

They started dating in 2012, but split in 2013 after being together 10 months.

It was revealed not long after the couple were "fully back together."

Their engagement was announced that December and they welcomed Shai in 2017. Six months later they got married.


Comments

Popular Posts