Bebe Rexha Attacked By Concertgoer, Man Arrested
Bebe Rexha has been attacked by a concertgoer, when a cell phone was thrown at her face, injuring her. The man has since been arrested.
She was knocked to the ground during a show at The Rooftop in lower Manhattan on Sunday, when the phone hit her on the forehead in the middle of a song. It split her eyebrow and required stitches.
She was escorted off the stage and treated by a venue medical team.
The man accused of throwing the phone is Nicolas Malvagna (27) from New Jersey. He was arrested at the venue and has been charged with felony assault for using his phone as a weapon. He was arraigned on Monday.
It was confirmed Bebe was taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition.
She has since posted on Instagram telling fans she is OK, sharing selfies of her stitches and black eye.
She commented "I'm good" on the post, relating to her health and latest hit song.
Bebe is currently in the middle of her 'Best F*n Night of My Live Tour' supporting her new album 'Bebe.' This is her first headlining tour in six years, including older songs from her 'All Your Fault' EPs and 'Expectations' album.
“It takes everybody on a journey of all my music. What I'm excited for the most is feeling the fans' energy. There's a different connection when you perform live with drums, guitar, bass, piano and dancers that really fulfills me.”
She has also recently opened up about other aspects of her health, telling fans how "upsetting" it was to see a TikTok search suggestion regarding her weight and the fact that she's been dealing with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
“It's definitely been something I've been struggling with, so I like being candid with my fans. It's like, ‘Yeah, I know I gained some weight, and I'm working on myself.’”
“I'm not completely happy with myself right now, but I feel like I'm working towards a better version of myself every day. Usually when you put an album out, you want to be in your best shape. I'm always trying to get to a point where I feel good in my body, and that's a really hard thing to do.”
Bebe was diagnosed with PCOS, a hormone imbalance causing irregular periods, excess hair growth, weight gain and infertility.
"I definitely struggle with my weight and I struggle with the way that I look, and it's been tough for me. I just found out recently that I have PCOS and a lot of women have it. And a lot of women have it and don't know. It's tough. I think for me, I've been definitely struggling with my weight and I've been struggling with food forever."






Comments
Post a Comment