This Country Music Star Will Replace Blake Shelton on 'The Voice'
A replacement has been found for Blake Shelton on 'The Voice.'
Reba McEntire is onboard to join the show as a coach for the upcoming 24th season, which will begin airing later this year.
She was recently a mega mentor on the show's 23rd season, and will be claiming her swiveling chair for the first time alongside John Legend, Niall Horan and Gwen Stefani.
"There's a new Coach in town! See you all this Fall! #TheVoice."
McEntire' addition comes after Shelton's exit after 12 years, being the only coach to appear on every season since the premiere in 2011. He announced in October that season 23 would be his last.
He says he's been thinking of slowing down for years.
"I think I was close to calling it a day right when COVID hit. And then, because of COVID, I didn't want to walk away from the show and leave everybody in a bind. I mean, this show changed my life. I'll stay here until the world kind of gets back to normal again."
Shelton met Gwen Stefani on the voice, who he wed in 2021.
"When I came on as a coach on this show, I mean, everything in my life was turned upside down. And in a good way, you know? This has been incredible, but it's time, you know. It's time for what's next. A little bit of nothing would be nice."
The live shows from season 23 premiered on May 15th, with the top eight artists performing in front of coaches Shelton, Niall Horan, Kelly Clarkson, and Chance the Rapper for the first time.





Comments
Post a Comment