Phone Call Transcripts Released From Jarryd Hayne Trial

 Transcripts of his phone calls to friends have been released following the guilty verdict received by Hayne after being convicted of raping a woman.


The complete contents of the calls have be revealed, and Hayne has been found guilty of two counts of sexual intercourse without consent.


The calls detail the incident in the days and following the rape.


He told his freind the reason he believed she complained to the NRL integrity unit was because she “started to like him” and “wigged out” when he “flicked her”.


They also indicated the injury sustained that was still visible six weeks later was "nothing major."


It starts with a voicemail from an individual from the NRL integrity unit saying, “I was just wondering if you could give me a call when you get this message, I just need to talk to you about, um, a matter”.


The next phone call heard Hayne tell a friend, “That sheila went to the NRL.”


Later in the conversation he mentioned the victim had written to him where she was "carrying on" He also called her a "cuckoo" and "full-blown weirdo." 


Another phone call revealed NRL player Mitchell Pearce ask,“Who’s this sheila coming out saying something about ya?”


Hayne responding with, “Oh she’s, f***, she’s from Newie, bro” before saying a couple of Mr Pearce’s “boys” might know her.


He said she was “sending all these nude Snaps and wanting to link up” so he believed he'd “pop by”, but then “she was filthy cause the cab was out the front."


He said she "wigged out" but he admitted to only being in Sydney for a short time.


“And then – um, went – I like watched a bit of the Grand Final with her old girl,” Hayne can be heard saying, while laughing.


“(I had) come back, and we were fooling around, and she like bled a little bit. It was weird. I was like ‘f***’ and she like wigged out. And I said ‘listen, my fingernail must have clipped you, that’s all. It was nothing major, just a little bit. Full wigged out.”


He went on to admit she was "filthy" and he "just left her there."


When asked by his friend if he had a lawyer he said, “I’ll get her in defamation, easy.”


It was recorded that he referred to her as “a young cow just carrying on”.


“Like she’s f***ing texting me. I think she started to like me or something, then because I brushed her, f***ing blowing up.


“You speak to them for a bit, they get attached and they think f***ing … Well mate, you f***ing messaged me off Instagram, you idiot,” he said.


He added that because he “flicked her,” she blew up.

Comments

Popular Posts