Lindsay Lohan & Jamie Lee Curtis Ready For 'Freaky Friday 2'

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis are now in talks for the return of 'Freaky Friday.'

The two recently celebrated the 20th anniversary of the film on May 10th, where it was confirmed by Disney that a sequel is in development and the writer is Elyse Hollander.

Jamie Lee said, "As I went around the world with 'Halloween Ends,' people wanted to know if there was going to be another 'Freaky Friday.' Something really touched a chord. When I came back, I called my friends at Disney and said. 'It feels like there's a movie to be made."

Both Lohan and Jamie are "open" to reprising their roles as Anna and Tess Coleman, mother and daughter who magically switch bodies amid a fraught relationship.



Lohan said, "We're leaving it in the hands that be. We would only make something that people would absolutely adore."

The two also looked back at the making of the original, which happens to be a remake of the first film that came out in 1976, under the same name.

Jamie said, "I was in the middle of a book tour when my agent called. An actress had been involved in the movie and chose not to do it; I was a replacement part. Had I had all the time in the world to prepare, I don't think it would've been so good. I just had to be in my body. I was also newly sober and I was able to have a community within the movie-work world. That was a big deal for me."

She had gathered praise from critics, one stating it would be a "shame" her performance would be likely "overlooked" during Oscars' season due to her character's lack of "historical costumes" and "debilitating ailment{s}."



Since then she has won a Best Supporting Actress for her role in 'Everything, Everywhere All At Once' which came out in 2022. 

She also said that Lohan was "as fluid as I was" and praised her acting.

"She has a facility as an actor that is really impressive. It was a big job. It was a big production. And our relationship was very easy."

Jamie shares daughters Annie (36) and Ruby (27) with husband Christopher Guest, while Lohan is expecting her first with husband Bader Shammas, who she wed in April 2022. Both actresses shared what the movie taught them about parenting.



"To have more patience. You want to let them explore and live the way they need to live - with boundaries. I'm not there. I'm getting there. In a year, come back to me and ask me what it's like. And then in 16 years," said Lohan.

"Suspend the judgement, open the ear, listen more. Also, as a parent, we're sizing up all the time: shoes, clothes, foods. It's all the future thought. My lesson from 'Freaky Friday' was to be where your feet are," said Jamie.

Comments

Popular Posts