Harry Garside Sheds Light On Arrest

 Harry Garside, known as a boxer and from I'm A Celebrity, has broken his silence after being arrested and charged at a Sydney airport.


He was charged with common assault (domestic violence) after his arrest arriving from Johannesburg on Tuesday, after his appearance on 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!'


Harry said in a statement, “The conduct of police in the presence of the media at Sydney International Airport yesterday took me completely by surprise.”


“I categorically deny the allegations of violence and dispute the account given to police.


“I have nothing to hide and will defend myself against this charge.


“The police have not been provided with all of the facts and I am confident that my reputation will be vindicated through the legal process.


“Because the matter is before the courts, I won’t be saying anything further.”


He has been granted conditional bail and is set to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on May 24th.


It appears he was not expecting the arrest, after posting a photo alongside his father from their Qantas business class seats while boarding from South Africa.


“Had to upgrade my best mate to business with me,” he wrote.


“His first time flying business. Money comes and goes, memories with loved ones last forever (black heart emoji). What an experience it has been. Something I will truly never forget, friendships that will last a lifetime. Massive thank you to everyone who supported me, can’t believe I made it that far into the show. Can’t wait to touch down in the best country on earth again. Bring on the journey to Paris 2024.”


Harry has won bronze in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the men's lightweight division, along with winning seven Australian national boxing championships.


He became runner-up on 'I'm A Celebrity,' coming in second behind netballer Liz Ellis.



Comments

Popular Posts