Skip to main content

Original Cast For 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Crash New Cast Panel For TV Series

 

CREDIT: SONY

Before the premiere of the new Amazon Prime original series I Know What You Did Last Summer, the original movie cast decided to crash the panel and give their blessing to the new cast.

During an interview panel at New York Comic Con, the new stars were told they had some superfans who wanted to ask them some questions surrounding the new show.

These superfans however turned out to be Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Geller, Ryan Phillippe and Jennifer Love Hewitt, the four main cast members from the original movie.

First up was Freddie Prinze Jr, who said, "I welcome all of you as the new generation of I Know What You Did Last Summer, and I know you guys are gonna do a great job repping it." He then went on to ask who the biggest prankster was on set, seeing as he was the one "capable of pulling off pranks and scares on every single cast member."

CREDIT: flow935.com

Next up was Sarah Michelle Geller who asked how the team would handle "a killer haircut, or any other curveball a killer might throw" their way. Sarah met Freddie on the set of I Know What You Did Last Summer, and the two wed in 2002. They now share daughter Charlotte (11) and son Rocky (9).

Ryan Phillippe was next saying, "Hi, this is Ryan Phillippe, and I just wanna say I can't wait for the series, and I know this new cast is gonna absolutely kill it - or be killed. I was. If I learned anything, it's that you always have to be prepared to run for your life, especially if you have a car chasing you and you're on foot."

Ryan recently explained in an interview that he and his former castmates were "super excited" to see the new show.

"Part of it makes you feel ancient. The fact that they're remaking projects you've been in. But also there's another part of you that is very kind of complimented by it. And the fact that something that you did has stood the test of time and it's still relevant and people still enjoy it, and it finds a new audience every year, it's cool." 

CREDIT: Columbia Pictures

Last, but certainly not least, was Jennifer Love Hewitt, wished the new cast luck and explained she was "excited" it was finally hitting screens.

"If they had asked me years ago what I thought about it, I would of course have said, 'What are you waiting for, huh?'"

Just like the original 1997 movie, this new series is based on I Know What You Did Last Summer, the 1973 novel by Lois Duncan. 

It follows a group of teens one year after a fatal car accident changed their lives. The series is not being made as a prequel to the movies. 

It will be a new, modern take on the franchise.

The series premiered on Amazon Prime on October 15th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ‘Frasier’ Reboot Has Arrived!

'Frasier' has come back, 30 years after the debut of the original series.  The Paramount+ revival dropped its first two episodes on October 12th, and while Kelsey Grammer’s Dr. Crane is front, center and back, he’s the only character to return. Despite stars David Hyde Pierce (Niles Crane), Peri Gilpin (Roz Doyle) and Jane Leeves (Daphne Moon) not retuning, the new episodes have new personalities to shake up Dr. Crane’s life. The revival follows Frasier moving from Seattle back to Boston to reconnect with his son, Freddy, and accept a teaching job at Harvard University. Keep reading for a full guide on the new characters: Freddy Crane Played by Jack Cutmore-Scott, Freddy is a firefighter who dropped out of Harvard and has a fractured and contentious relationship with Frasier. Jack is an actor from London and has had major roles in 'Kingsman: The Secret Service,' 'Deception' and 'Tenet. Alan Cornwall Nicholas Lyndhurst portrays Alan, Frasier’s old college fri

Surfer Mikala Jones Dead at 44

Professional surfer Mikala Jones has died following a freak surfing accident at the age of 44. His daughter broke the news.  It was revealed he was surfing along the coast of the Mentawai Islands while staying in Indonesia, when a surfboard fin severed his femoral artery from a 10cm wound inside his left groin. Isabella (his daughter) shared a meaningful tribute. “I’m in so much disbelief right now, this doesn’t feel real. I love you so much dad and I wish I could give you one last hug. I wish I could tell you again how much I love you and thank you for being the best dad. I wish you were still here with us, you weren’t supposed to leave yet. This is too soon.” “I know you are in a good place now with nana vi, and your friends. I wish this never happened and we could just wake up and go surf together tomorrow morning." “I’m not sure how to put this in words, but my dad got into a bad surfing accident and didn’t make it. I'm happy he was doing what he loved the most. Life will

The Complete List Of Guests At King Charles III Coronation

Westminster Abbey flooded with onlookers on May 6th for the coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla.  It has been 70 years since the last crowning ceremony, with 25-year-old Queen Elizabeth II becoming Queen.  Members of the royal family and celebrity friends all came out to join in the celebration. A very notable figure in the crowd was Prince George, becoming on the eight Pages of Honour. Prince William and Kate Middleton were also in attendance, along with Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. Other attendees included Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and Prince Harry. Meghan Markle had stayed in the US to celebrate Archie Harrison's 4th birthday, along with Lilibet Diana. Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson was also not in attendance because "it's a state occasion. And being divorced, I don't think you can have it both ways." "I personally will be having a little tea room and coronation chicken sandwich and putting out the bunting, that