Dave Grohl Wants To Play Drums For ABBA

CREDIT: bbc.com

Dave Grohl has revealed that he's open to playing drums for ABBA, stating that he "wept like a baby" after he heard the groups latest single.

In September, the band released two tracks in order to preview their long-awaited new album. Voyage is scheduled to be released on November 5th and their upcoming "digital" 'ABBA Voyage' London residency is scheduled to start in May 2022.

Dave Grohl, was has listed ABBA as an influence, spoke about their comeback.

"Oh my god, I'm such a big ABBA fan. When I saw that they were coming back and they had a record, I shot that link to 100 people I knew, then listened to the new song and wept like a baby. I cried like a baby. Oh man!"

CREDIT: Jason Nocito

"It almost sounded like time hadn't passed. Plus it was such a beautiful, romantic, melancholy, bitter-sweet retrospective."

"Ugh, it's amazing. ABBA can do no wrong."

He then went on to express how open he was to playing live with the group.

"Listen, I will get up and play drums at the opening of an envelope. Show me a drum set and I will sit down to it."

"So yes, I would play with ABBA."

ABBA already has a 10-piece live band for their 'ABBA Voyage' residency that includes Klaxons member James Righton and Little Boots.

Dave also recently reflected on the opportunities he's had to play alongside his musical heroes over the years. 

He says he still "cannot believe that it's happening to me." 

CREDIT: AFP/Getty Images

 

Comments

Popular Posts