Zooey Deschanel Tributes Late Co-Star Ed Asner

 

CREDIT: Zooey Deschanel/Instagram

Zooey Deschanel appeared beside Ed Asner in the classic Christmas movie Elf, and has now paid tribute to the late actor.

Ed passed away on August 21st due to natural causes at the age of 91. As well as appearing in Elf, he also starred in JFK, They Call Me Mister Tibbs!, Hard Rain, and Up.

Zooey shared a lovely tribute on Instagram saying, "Rest In Peace my favorite Santa Claus. You will be so missed." This was alongside an image of Ed in costume.

Zooey has now become the latest celebrity to pay respects to the late icon.

CREDIT: Everett Collection

Michael Moore also took to Twitter to pay his respects. 

"Making my 1st film, Roger & Me, I was broke so I wrote to some famous people to ask for help. Only one responded: Ed Asner. "I don't know you, kid, but here's 500 bucks" said the note attached to the check. "Sounds like it'll be a great film. I was an autoworker once." R.I.P. Ed."

Director and horror icon John Carpenter also tweeted, "Ed Asner was a talented actor and a very nice man. He always had a twinkle in his eye. Rest In Peace, Ed."

Zooey Deschanel has recently turned to presenting. 

Former New Girl co-star Jake Johnson has also hinted the show may be returning. 

CREDIT: Randy Holmes/ABC

"When we were going away, FOX was being pretty cool and saying like, 'We don't want to cancel you, but nobody's watching.'"

"So when we did our final season...Zooey Deschanel and I literally wrote an email to the heads of the Network asking for more, for the...fans who stayed with us."

Comments

Popular Posts