CREDIT: theprofile.substack.com
"As I grew older I gained an understanding of why Mum did leave. We have definitely made our peace, which is important."
"The thing I never felt and I know this might sound strange, I never felt that my mum didn't love me. I've spoken about it at length with her since and I know she was struggling."
Hugh now has two adopted children with wife Deborra-Lee Furness and has continued to have a loving relationship with his father who was his "rock."
"My father is a rock. My father is my rock. It's where I learned everything about loyalty, dependability, being there day in, day out, no matter what...It's always about the family."
Hugh has regularly shared his father's advice that he received every year on Father's Day.
Last year he said, "My Father taught me to always keep my promises...Even if it turns out there's a better option or something that will benefit me more. Be true to your word."
In 2019 he said, "Growing up, my father taught me many lessons. For example: before eating any snacks, you have to pass them around to everyone else FIRST. People thought I was so well mannered. But, honestly, I was just hungry."
In 2018 he said, "Happy Father's Day to the man who taught me to show respect for others, for education, for being led by your passions. Who taught me to never stop growing and learning. To work hard and realise that preparation is the bedrock for success. And, above all, to find purpose beyond oneself. I love you Dad." |
Comments
Post a Comment