Tom Daley And Alan Carr Considered To Join Strictly Come Dancing

 

CREDIT: Mey Rude/out.com

After the success of their first-ever all-female pair last year that included Nicola Adams and Katya Jones, Strictly Come Dancing are considering many for an all-male partnership for the upcoming season.

Comedian Alan Carr and Olympian Tom Daley are among those that have been approached for a possible partnership on Strictly Come Dancing.

The celebrity that will be joining dancer Graziano Di Prima has yet to be announced.

An inside source has stated, "The bosses are thrilled that Strictly will be able to show its first all-male couple this year, and they have their sights firmly on Graziano."

"There is no reason why a gay celebrity should automatically be paired with a gay dancer."

Strictly Come Dancing has been following in the steps of Dancing On Ice, and introduced more and more LGBTQ inclusivity.

Last season saw lesbian boxer Nicola Adams paired up with Katya Jones for the first-ever all-female/same-sex couple on Strictly Come Dancing. Many, including Ann Widdecombe, didn't want to see same-sex couples on the show.


TOM DALEY - CREDIT: Tom Daley/YouTube

Sadly, the pair had to drop out of the competition after Katya contracted COVID-19. The short appearance on the show was a huge success though.

The show expects the first all-male pairing will bring in the same boost in viewings as the all-female one did last season.

It seems unlikely Alan Carr may be joining the show though, as he previously joked he had turned down appearing on the show in case he became turned on during a "sexy dance."

"I get asked to do Strictly every year, and the journalists say to me, 'What do you think about same-sex dancing?' And I say, 'No.'"

"Their eyes light up and they go, 'Oh my God.' I say no because I will get a lob on if I dance with Alijaz (Škorjanec) or Gorka (Marquez), oh my God. I would be so hard, I couldn't do it, I couldn't."

"I'm one of those people, I get on a bus, the vibrations make me hard. So doing the Argentine tango, forget it, that's a sexy dance... The VTs (pre-filmed segments) would just be me knocking one out in the room."

ALAN CARR - CREDIT: David Knox/tvtonight.com.au

Comments

Popular Posts