Foo Fighters Give Milwaukee, Wisconsin First Big Concert Since COVID-19

CREDIT: Leah Greenblatt/ew.com

Foo Fighters has shown Milwaukee, Wisconsin just what they have been missing since the start of COVID-19.

The band performed at the newly-renovated American Family Insurance Amphitheatre recently and it's just what the world needs to feel some sort of normalcy again.

Fan Donovan Killgallon said, "The moment it was announced, I knew I wanted to be here. I saw them for the first time about 10 years ago here when they played in 2012 at Summerfest."

Fans from across the country made their way to see the performance. 


CREDIT: NLM

Fan Lisa Davenport said, "Some of us met online, but a lot of us met lining up for shows. We were in Cincinnati (Ohio), came here, and I have a friend who drove out from Oregon, a friend from New York, Massachusetts, Florida."

This performance was the debut for the recently renovated arena. It now holds 23,000 people.

Summerfest Vice President of Entertainment Bob Babisch said, "People so far, they've seen the building and they love the building. It was ready to be open last summer for Summerfest, and of course, we couldn't open because of the situation, the health situation, so we locked it up, and now we finally get a chance to open it up and we've got tons of shows after this."

Masks became an option for the sold-out, outdoor event, although encouraged during indoor settings. There were fans who chose to wear them as COVID-19 cases rise in Milwaukee County. 

CREDIT: Nick Reilly/nme.com

Donovan Killgallon said, "I am vaccinated. I actually, in my pocket, I have my mask for when we get in there just for precaution. Just to be safe."

For some fans, this had been their first concert for several years.

Lisa Davenport said, "I'm an ICU nurse and so, a lot of overtime to save up for these shows. Especially being a nurse, as a reward for after such a tough year, to be able to experience my favourite thing again."

 

Comments

Popular Posts