Jensen Ackles' First Filming Day For The Boys Has Supernatural Connection

 


Jensen Ackles is most known for playing the cocky, hysterical brother Dean Winchester on the hit CW TV show Supernatural. With the series having recently ended, many were wondering what was next for the actor.

Announced earlier this year, was the next project Jensen would be undertaking season 3 of The Boys. Jensen will be portraying Soldier Boy in the upcoming season of the Amazon original.

Interestingly enough, Jensen will be working with Eric Kripke, creator, and showrunner for The Boys AND the creator of Supernatural. A nice surprise for Jensen when he found he'd be working alongside Eric again.



The Boys is a superhero-based adult-themed show that is based on the comic book by the same name. It takes the audience on a journey as a bunch of non-powered humans battle against corrupt superpowered people. 

Season two saw white supremacist Stormfront (Aya Cash) working with Homelander (Antony Starr) on the journey to taking complete control. Season three will include Soldier Boy, Blue Hawk, Gunpowder, and Supersonic.

With season three just around the corner, Eric Kripke described what it was like being on set with Jensen again. He remembered a connection between the two shows on the first day of dailies. A rundown hotel room that closely resembles one of Sam and Dean Winchester's frequent hideaways in Supernatural while on the job.
 


"It's been awesome. I mean, I love the guy so much. And just to have him read my words again is such a treat. I mean, on the first day of dailies, I reached out to him. Funny enough, his very first scene as Soldier Boy was taking place in a sh**ty motel room. And so he's in this sh**ty motel room reading my words. And I was just like, 'This is great. This feels like coming home.' It's been awesome. The cast loved him. They saw immediately what a good dude and what a really fine actor he is."

"And really all of our conversations have been about how to make sure that this is not Dean Winchester. How do we give him a look that feels a little different and register of voice and mannerisms? I think he and I are both really interested in creating a different character. So it's been a blast. I mean, he's such a good actor. The metaphor I use is he just has a lot of Crayons in his Crayon box and you can really use all of them to do something, I think, really nuanced."
  


It's pleasing to know Jensen is fitting in really well with the rest of the cast of The Boys. Even though, the show is based on a comic, it doesn't necessarily follow the original story. Many of the characters are so very different as well as their journeys,

The comic also has many sexual arcs that the show either just hints at or have been completely and utterly removed.  Fans are super intrigued as to how Soldier Boy will be adapted to live-action considering the connections he has with Homelander in the comics.

The Boys has recently received two Emmy nominations for Outstanding Drama Series, and Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series for the episode titled "What I Know" by Rebecca Sonnenshine. 

As Jensen has been connected with Supernatural for SO many years, it'll be nice to see what else he has in store for us and how brilliantly he pulls them off.


Comments

Popular Posts